Today met an sculptor, will visit his studio soon. Just drop down some notes about what he said, will prepare some question for visiting his studio.
sculptors path issue:
– every year so many sculpture student graduate but only a few keep on working as sculptor –
– a sculptor need space to make, for storage –
– renting a studio is important but not easy –
– uni may only teach the concept part –
– dentist or doctor graduate with skills, could find job; sculptors graduate and need to walk on their own –
– making abstract art is difficult to judge –
– anything could be good or bad in the world of abstract –
– where he born without any sculpture history; for Asia, there are many like religion, soldiers, etc –
To be continue~
And I keep searching for artist I could visit,
Arran Gregory, graduated from Chelsea, I found his work in Facebook before, is a bit similar to mine but yea of course, he got his own style and material already; and I still finding~ hope I could have a chance to visit his working place~
for my reference, this page keep showing interesting animals arts, photos, facts…..etc
japanese sculptor with special materials for animal sculpture:
Oscar asked us to find a studio, visit it and present on 6 Nov, as there is limitation in time, I am finding artist or studio base in London
here I emailed to Kendra but response disappointed me.
going to find another one….Ben Long, he is also one of my research paper’s content.
at the same time when I was searching on google, found another interesting animal sculptor, he collecting and using scrap metal to make sculptures. and some products as well~Robert Jefferson Travis Pond, Portland base artist.
Preparing the assessment, here’s a simple timeline that illustrate what I did in Unit 1 project.