Today is the third day showing in Camberwell. I am now in the show place and seems a very good journey and sharing when talki to the audiences. The Lipbalm Tiger “Omar”, although not going as what I expected, people keep doing graffiti on it….but….that’s good! as long as people enjoy the activity and getting to know more about the story.
here’s some opinion, feedback, from my mind or guests.
1) to cast more the same size with different colour, letting audiences to crave it….and therefore, everyday journey is written on the tiger, plus more space provided to audiences
2) my pleasure to invite the sculptor, Raphael, to come and crave the tiger stripes, he suggest me a way for souvenir, using a pot of lipbalm, letting audiences to dip and take away….yea …could develop form for that.
3) so far from my observation, people in this country are really into wildlife conservation…they are interested in and supporting the wildlife.
4) inspired by Yujin’s work…..I think there should be some metal casting lipbalm (with Omar’s head) as souvenir, sell them and making money for donation to the forest conservation.
Today went to the Royal Academy of Art, graduation show, with some interesting materials art. giving me impact.
This artist got several pieces using different materials, mixing them…this one by wax, I think is mainly candles, to create the lighting effect….well I think the yellow ribbon or paper strip not necessary and disturbing the composition…but the candle he/she using is creative and looks great…texture, time, gravity….many things let audiences to feel
the other artist using various materials, PVC, ketchup, sugar, plaster….etc…to create sculpture…more like experimental project…and the show do not have all artists’ concepts and personal statement….which making me confusing.
showing works just on the floor….is good or bad? I think easy to be broke and yea….better have a plinth for eye level….maybe is his/her idea.
This one artist use photo paper exposure under moon light….to see the amount of algae and the colour relationship. there is a water current and algae setup, useful?helpful? hmmmmm…..not really….could improve by demonstrating a real exposure or tube management
yea…here’s the description
I like the following the most….artist using glass fabric…acrylic (I think) to cast the metallic tube on ceiling…something really dull and dirty…..after casting by her, Rebecca Ackroyd….it become colourful and attractive
public art/ installation when you arrive RA…o, I need to plan the application for picton prize~!!!
meanwhile, imagining how to show my project well.
– what if the sculpture could be took away, audience got interactive, getting my “palm oil free” lipstick, so that they not only got the knowledge but also the daily habit….really begin to use something without palm oil
– 4 animals sculpture, with 4 color, 1 big lip balm (tiger) colorless, they could use container to get it.
– or? setup secondary boilier to melt in front of them?
– or? putting the amount of lipstick = amount of that animals population!? e.g. sumatran tiger less then 400, I put 399 pieces there.
This year the original show on calender was cancelled….and a pop up show for 2 days only in our campus. I am showing my lip balm sculpture. Hope to gain some feedback for further development.
Was spending a week in Paris during end of December. There are several stuffs inspiring me.
1) “we are going to create something but not executing something” said by a friend studying performing art there. Yea, we should create something out (event, campaign….whatever) instead of following something procedure or routine to execute something.
2) After visiting Italy in April and France in Dec, I think it is necessary to keep exploring Europe for more fine art knowledge or at least go to visit fine artists’ work in person…..Italy and France are full of art works from the Renaissance, which remind me how hard an artist should work out. More to explore in the future……especially my favourite artist….Dali in Spain and Van Gogh in Netherlands.
3) some exhibition and show, for my ref,
Centre Pompidou – Jeff Koons Exhibition
Centre Pompidou – Lighting installation
Centre Pompidou – installation about terrify attack all over the world
product that similar to my works’ structure…again -_-…well I really need to work out a way to out stand my idea and method, too many artist or designer using geometry to present animals…