Found an article written by Hillary Rosner, she wrote about palm oil over the years including New York Times and Newsweek. Here’s some point I want to copy as reference.
– palm oil is one of the planet’s most destructive ingredients. It is largely responsible for the massive deforestation of Borneo
– Indonesia and Malaysia together produce 85 percent of the global palm oil supply
– palm oil is often absent from the label, leaving consumers in the dark about what they’re actually buying and its impact.
– The race to plant more oil palm trees is driving orangutans to the brink of extinction. If orangutans die out, it will be almost single-handedly due to global demand for palm oil
– The latest battleground is central Africa, where old-growth forests in Gabon and Cameroon are on the chopping block.
company or product:
– Wilmar, a major palm oil supplier, buys from companies that are illegally clearing endangered tiger habitat — and then sells that oil to major U.S. brands.
– soy milk that doesn’t contain palm oil — in the form of vitamin A palmitate — has turned up exactly one brand, Edensoy
– The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), an industry group that certifies certain oil as “green,”
– Nestlé, Unilever and Wal-Mart have all pledged to transition to only sustainably sourced palm oil.
– Perhaps a group like WildAid, which tries to curb consumer demand for gruesome wildlife products like rhino horns, could partner with a few large conservation organizations and celebrities like DiCaprio to go into battle
Those are important facts all we should know, and some company I would try to connect so that to see any ideas inspiration or even collaboration.
new found organization site: